Jabil is a provider of electronics manufacturing services. Jabil designs and manufactures electronic circuit boards for major OEMs in a diverse group of industries including automotive, computing and storage, consumer products, medical, networking, peripherals and telecommunications.
Responsible for management of the quarterly/annual tax accounting functions (ASC 740), coordination of global tax compliance, and special projects. Comply with the Company’s fiscal obligations according to existing laws, with the objective of minimizing risk to the Company’s fiscal situation; help implement fiscal strategies and analyses that will optimize the Company’s resources, representing a financial savings to the Company.
* Review the timely and accurate preparation of income tax provision calculations under ASC 740. Assess valuation allowance considerations, uncertain tax positions, and APB23 exception assertions
* Prepare the Company’s interim income tax calculations in accordance with ASC 740-270
* Prepare trend reporting analyses to summarize actual and forecasted results for management
* Manage the ASC 740 implications of acquisitions and greenfield plants including the merger and restructuring in local jurisdictions
* Maintain profession affiliations with external consultants. Interface directly with public accountants during annual financial audit and quarterly interim reporting.
* Coordinate the global income tax and indirect tax compliance engagement with outside service providers
* Actively maintain and improve the administration of procedures and internal controls within the tax function in accordance with Sarbanes-Oxley 404 compliance.
* Keep up to date on changes in tax law, administrative and judicial decisions, and other relevant items through current technical reading
* Prioritize the multiple responsibilities of the tax department
* Manage lower level professional accountants through subordinate supervisor
* Master’s Degree in Accounting or Taxation or CPA certificate
* 7-10 years of corporate tax experience including at least 3 years in a supervisory or management role or 4-6 years of large public accounting experience
* Strong analytical expertise, a solid tax technical background, excellent written and oral communication skills and the ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously in a fast paced work environment