The qualified candidate will operate, in a safe and efficient manner, a variety of equipment including horizontal wrappers, box makers, cartoners, and other mechanical equipment which are used for packaging, labeling, and sealing of finished products.
* Performs accurate set ups on equipment in preparation for particular product runs.
* Operates equipment and makes adjustments as necessary to ensure equipment is operating correctly and meeting quality specifications.
* Inspects and tests packages, and documents results to ensure equipment is operating correctly and meeting quality specifications.
* Stages and checks required materials for quick and accurate change overs in production.
* Completes and assembles all required documentation associated with the position.
* Maintains works area in a clean and organized manner.
* Performs all other duties as assigned.
* Must be able to perform mandatory overtime as necessary.
**Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required:**
* Proficient in reading and writing in English in order to understand equipment instructions and safety manuals and also to record all data associated with equipment operations
* Must be knowledgeable in GMPs and the HACCP program
* Sufficient math skills to calculate quantities of material required for orders being ran
* Good organizational and communication skills in order to prioritize work and communicate changes to line workers
* Must have the ability to handle small tools
* Ability to lift 40 lbs. unassisted
* Ability to lift 41 lbs. to 75 lbs. assisted.
* Ability to stand up to 80% of the time scheduled
* Must display great attention to detail
* Must have the ability to understand and follow all safety policies and procedures
* High school diploma or equivalent
* Must be 18 years of age
Apply to Hearthside Food Solutions (Machine Operator)
The best way to apply is by creating a DreamHire profile. This will ensure that your background and skills are accurate, and you can save your application as a draft and finish it later. It takes a few minutes to set up your profile.