Gogo’s worldwide inflight Wi-Fi services have made internet and video entertainment a regular part of flying. We are a diverse group of technologists, marketers, strategists, and any other function you can think of- all working together in extraordinary harmony. And that’s just the beginning.
* Full stack software developer who can contribute to client side and server side technologies.
* Developing web services consumable by single page web application and mobile devices
* Hands on Development Position – 80% of time coding
* Provide Level of Effort estimates for requirements
* Track project tasks, provide status and ensure tasks completed on schedule
* Troubleshoot defects and code resolutions
* Contribute to process improvements, including researching and introducing new development tools
* Guide implementation of best practices for application design/development
* Strong XP/SCRUM/Agile work ethic – Ability to contribute productively to a fast paced development team, delivering demonstrable code in 2 week increments
* Ability to comprehensively unit tests your code
* Contribute to a healthy and collaborative development team with a “Get it Done” work ethic
* Proven ability to negotiate timeline and architecture across functional teams
* BS in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
* 2+ years of experience with software development
* 1+ years of experience with Java
**Required Skills, Experience and Talents**
* Strong skill in designing and consuming RESTful APIs and building applications with concurrency.
* Experience with Java, Spring, and Jersey
* Proficient using CSS preprocessors like Stylus, SASS or Less
* Unit testing experience with tools like Junit, Mockito Mocha, Chai, and Sinon
* Familiarity with build tools like Maven, Gradle, Brunch, Grunt, and Gulp
* Experience using SCM tools such as Git. Understanding of the Gitflow workflow
**Desirable Skills, Experience and Talents**
* Experience with video streaming technologies like Adobe Primetime or Google Widevine
* Knowledge of Spring Components
* Comfortable using Intellij based Java development IDE to perform daily development tasks
* Experience and/or interest in the Airline and/or Telecommunications
The best way to apply is by creating a DreamHire profile. This will ensure that your background and skills are accurate, and you can save your application as a draft and finish it later. It takes a few minutes to set up your profile.