* Experience with firewalls, VPN tunnels, content filtering, IDS/IPS and other areas of IT Security desired.
* Working experience within an organization leveraging change management.
* 8-10 years of experience supporting a large-scale enterprise environment, with an emphasis in IT Security preferred.
* Bachelor's degree or multiple current job related certifications desired.
* Reports to: VP IT Security
* Direct Reports: IT Security Operations Engineers
* Demonstrate a strong understanding of the IT security landscape, including emerging risks and security solutions.
* Advanced knowledge of the TCP/IP protocol suite, DHCP, DNS, LAN/WAN, and Operating System concepts.
* Advanced knowledge of packet capture methods and analysis of network flows
* Advanced knowledge of the OSI model and security that is associated with each layer.
* Advanced knowledge of wide area network security as it pertains to networking protocols and connectivity to/from outside resources
* Strong network security knowledge to include Remote access - VPN, Firewalls, DMZ architecture, network monitoring, intrusion detection, web server security, and wireless security.
* Knowledge of security logging tools (log management, SIEM, etc.).
* Advanced technical skills and hands on experience in information security as it relates to server security, client security, user security, network communications, and data storage.
* Understanding of information security standards/frameworks (NIST Cybersecurity Framework, ISO 27001) is a plus.
* Communication/Listening - excellent verbal and written communication skills. Communicates quickly, clearly, concisely, appropriately, and intelligently; foster open communication, speaks with impact, listens to others, and writes effectively
* Works well in a team environment and has proven team management ability
* Teamwork/Cooperation/Dealing with Others - works well with others in team and collaborative type situations; establishes SMART goals for employees, sets expectations and clearly define areas of responsibility.
* Customer Service - recognizing internal and external customers and providing world-class service; set expectations, handle conflict, follow-through.
* Change/Adaptability - handling organizational change and shifting priorities; identify your role, view change as a way of life, clarify new practices and procedures, take advantage of learning opportunities.
* Creative Ideals/Innovation/Problem - solving-maximizing your potential to solve problems and improve methods; approach problems with an open-mind, use existing information and resources, think positively when faced with obstacles, build on others ideas, think logically and intuitively.
* Time Management - using time most efficiently and effectively; prioritization, negotiation and delegation
* Results Orientation - Aligns resources to accomplish key objectives; assigns clear accountability for important objectives.