We are a GIS and location technology company dedicated to the success and happiness of our clients and our people. As an employee-owned small business, our passion has led us through over 25 years of consulting and solving problems for our clients.
The Technical Architect is responsible for defining and delivering client solutions. Primary responsibilities include determining and translating client requirements to a straw-man technical architecture/solution, lifecycle project planning and management, client communications, and ensuring successful completion of the solution design and implementation with technical team support.
* Define client data, system architecture and application requirements
* Lead a project team to translate requirements into a technical design, determine appropriate technology solution, and manage the project to fully deliver on that solution
* Provide primary communication with clients and stakeholders; facilitate meetings and reviews to achieve project consensus
* Develop, maintain and report on project plans and schedules
* Prepare and maintain internal and external project documentation
* Mentor technical staff and foster a fun working environment through knowledgeable, effective, hands-on technical and management oversight and support
**Competencies and Skills:**
* Hands on familiarity with systems and/or application administration; data and application development and deployment methodologies; quality initiatives and project management methodologies
* Demonstrated high level competence with Esri technologies
* A passion for working with teammates and customers to solve problems
* Ability to plan, organize and manage project schedules, tasks, and deliverables
* Dynamic, personable and self-motivated personality
* Exceptional customer service orientation
* Outstanding written and oral communication skills
* Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Geography/GIS, Science, Engineering or related field*
* 5+ years’ experience supporting IT/GIS system and data integration projects **
* 2+ years GIS implementation and project management experience
**Experience Preferred (Bonus):**
* Graduate degree in a computer science or GIS-related field
* Formal project management training and/or certification
* Location: Offices in Birmingham AL; Alexandria, VA, Southfield, MI; Work at home considered.
* Travel up to 30%
The best way to apply is by creating a DreamHire profile. This will ensure that your background and skills are accurate, and you can save your application as a draft and finish it later. It takes a few minutes to set up your profile.