Fastly helps the world’s most popular digital businesses keep pace with their customer expectations by delivering fast, secure, and scalable online experiences. Businesses trust the Fastly edge cloud platform to accelerate the pace of technical innovation, mitigate evolving threats, and scale on demand.
The use of cloud security solutions enables customers to benefit from extra visibility across the world and expertise from a central team. By leveraging our growing security product suite, the Security Operations Center Manager will contribute real world security insights to Fastly and our customers as we address Internet-scale threats. The operations manager is an experienced security professional within the SOC and has a solid understanding of the threat and vulnerability management domains. An operations manager is responsible for the optimal operation of the technology, people, and processes of the security operations program.
The security analyst team at Fastly focuses on delivering outstanding service to our customers and helping them with security insights. The team works with the rest of the security organization along with our operations and customer facing parts of the organization to deliver support solutions for security threats faced on the Internet today. As we expand our security product offerings, we seek expanded customer support capabilities.
This role will be responsible for building and leading the Security Operations Center, which supports customers in the Fastly cloud stack. Fastly builds on the popular Varnish cache along with the VCL language to provide security capabilities, including DDoS defense and WAF functionality. You will build capabilities that will be able to handle growth in our existing products while laying groundwork for exciting new applications. You will have the opportunity to work on some of the world’s most highly-scaled distributed systems that handle around 2 million request per second.
In this position, the Security Operations Center Manager will be responsible for the following:
* Determine staffing requirements: guiding recruitment, hiring, training, development, and retention of highly qualified team members
* Foster innovation, creativity, collaboration, and professional growth of the SOC team
* Maintain strong standards, and promote productivity, accountability and high morale
* Oversee training and exercises to ensure SOC team proficiency, staying abreast of the current threats facing our customers and the Internet at large
* Influence and improve upon existing processes through innovation and operational change
* Develop and support strategic plans and projects to meet SOC goals and objectives
* Team & vendor management, overall use of resources and initiation of corrective action where required for Security Operations Center
* Ensure compliance to SLA, process adherence and process improvement to achieve operational objectives
* Coordination with stakeholders, building and maintaining positive working relationships with them
* Proficiency in incident management and response processes and technologies
* Demonstrated experience in a security technical support role, working with relevant technologies
* Excellent customer service, analytical skills, problem solving and interpersonal skills
* Experience supporting corporate security customers in production environments
* Ability to work with moderate supervision
* Analytical thinker with strong attention to detail
* Must be able to read, write and speak English fluently, including technical concepts and terminology. Fluency in additional languages is desirable.
* Must be able to relay technical information to customers of varying skill levels
* Hands on technical experience in analyzing TCP/IP traffic, especially HTTP, TLS, and DNS traffic
* Hands on technical experience with and very knowledgeable of security operations, scripts reading and understanding, basic knowledge in different languages, including: JS, PHP, HTML, HTML5
* Experience in threat management
* Technical leadership or management experience, with an emphasis on team building and capability development
Apply to Fastly (Security Operations Center Manager)
The best way to apply is by creating a DreamHire profile. This will ensure that your background and skills are accurate, and you can save your application as a draft and finish it later. It takes a few minutes to set up your profile.