Experian is a global information services company that provides information, analytical tools, and marketing services to help clients manage their commercial and financial decisions. The company helps organizations manage credit risk, prevent fraud, target marketing offers, and automate decision making. It also enables individuals to check their credit report and credit score as well as protect against identity theft.
The ideal candidate for this position must have a solid theoretical background as a software developer for Web applications. This position is responsible for designing, coding, and testing software assignments which could go from new developments, enhancements, maintenance or production support. It is important for this position to focus on completing and implementing solutions to meet customer requirements, for this it is important to demonstrate a sense of urgency and to always pursue his/her work with drive and energy. This position works under close supervision receiving detailed oral and/or written instructions, but should also show ownership in order to meet quality and performance standards, and to be responsible for all phases of the program life cycle.
* Analyzes, designs, develops, codes and implements Java software components based on functional specifications and requirements.
* Identifies application programming problems, and functional/integration issues.
* Participates and maintains relationships with subject matter experts in order to remain apprised of direction, project status.
* Participates in team design discussions to help identify processing improvements, performance enhancements, and generate ideas for greater implementation efficiency.
* Follow approved life cycle methodologies, including the creation of design documentation.
* Adherence to coding standards, and application of unit and system tests.
* Provides appropriate research support to business and information technology groups within the organization.
* Ability to provide application production support as needed.
* Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent experience.
* 2++ years of experience in a computing environment and Java development.
* Programming languages/technologies: Web Application, HTTP/HTTPS, SSL/TLS, Java, Java Scripts, SQL, Unix OS, shell scripts, Eclipse.
* Experience in Big Data, Hadoop, JBoss, Spring Framework, Hibernate, and DB2 is a plus.
* Strong English communication skills required, mainly written but verbal English will be highly valued.
* Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
* Strong team player.
The best way to apply is by creating a DreamHire profile. This will ensure that your background and skills are accurate, and you can save your application as a draft and finish it later. It takes a few minutes to set up your profile.