BlackRock is a global leader in investment management, risk management and advisory services for institutional and retail clients. At December 31, 2016, BlackRock’s AUM was $5.1 trillion. BlackRock helps clients around the world meet their goals and overcome challenges with a range of products that include separate accounts, mutual funds, iShares® (exchange-traded funds), and other pooled investment vehicles.
This role offers the opportunity to partner with proficient software engineers to continue the build out of Aladdin's operational capabilities. These are heavily relied upon products used across BlackRock and external clients. This position will deal with some of the latest technologies, such as AngularJS, Hibernate, Spring, GIT, Node.JS, Apache Spark, Solr, Cassandra and more. The role will also afford the chance to learn about the financial industry.
* Work alongside project managers, technical leads and business analysts to add value throughout the SDLC cycle.
* Collaborate with team members in a multi-office, multi-country environment.
* Develop and maintain strategic operational systems, tools and processes, including participation in tactical and strategic development projects.
* Understand and refine business and functional requirements.
* Ensure software stability via regression, unit and user acceptance testing so production operations run successfully.
* Partner with client support teams to provide level two support.
* 2+ years of experience with Open Source tools (Apache, JBoss, Tomcat, Hibernate, Ant, Ivy, Spring, JUnit, etc.).
* 2+ years’ experience with relational database development (SQL, stored procedures, data modeling). Sybase experience is a plus.
* 2+ years object oriented scripting design and development experience (Python, Perl).
* 2+ years UNIX experience (ksh, bash, shell scripts).
* Experience with at least one NoSQL Database (Apache Cassandra) is a plus.
* 2+ years of experience and CS degree or equivalent experience.
* Independent, motivated, and collaborative.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills are a must.
* Must have a strong work ethic with the ability to prioritize time and work under pressure to meet deadlines.
* Enterprise app development experience is preferred.
* Interest in financial markets is preferred.
* Financial services experience is a plus.
* Accounting knowledge is a plus.
The best way to apply is by creating a DreamHire profile. This will ensure that your background and skills are accurate, and you can save your application as a draft and finish it later. It takes a few minutes to set up your profile.