Experian is a global information services company that provides information, analytical tools, and marketing services to help clients manage their commercial and financial decisions. The company helps organizations manage credit risk, prevent fraud, target marketing offers, and automate decision making. It also enables individuals to check their credit report and credit score as well as protect against identity theft.
The candidate in this role will gain a breadth of financial services knowledge and experience working in Experian’s largest division.In this fast paced environment, analysts will learn Lean principles and how to apply Lean principles in back office operations to maintain and sustain a high performance team, while, creating capacity to provide business decision support.Analysts within the Consumer Services/Decision Analytics financial planning and analysis team will take on other stretch goals, such as getting Lean trained, to help them step outside of normal day to day duties and gain meaningful finance experiences.
* Execute month-end close responsibilities. Maintain a strong control environment
* Deliver on-going reporting, analytics and insight on performance metrics to benchmark progress against targets, initiatives and strategies. Provide meaningful insight that could be actioned to optimize results
* Manage financial plans and forecasts for cost components of the business. Provide on-going visibility to performance vs. expectation and support management in identifying and managing risks and opportunities
* Proactively engage and build strong relationships with finance and business teams so as to stay connected on initiatives
* Provide decision support to finance and business teams through ad-hoc analysis, financial modelling and thought leadership. Challenge business partners, as needed, to drive better decisions
* Drive continuous improvement and seek to optimize efficiency and customer value in all financial processes and business support functions
* BS or BA in Finance/Accounting/Economics required. MBA, CPA, or relevant Master’s degree preferred
* 4 - 8 years of progressive financial experience. Business unit experience preferred
* Strong base of finance and accounting technical skills
* Strong Excel skill required; Experience/knowledge of financial systems and tools including OBIEE, Hyperion Planning/Essbase and Smartview preferred
* Excellent skills in data analytics with the ability to draw concise insights from large sets of data
* Ability to balance between detail orientation and the high-level summaries while maintaining accuracy
* Strong communication skills with the ability to convey complex issues in a simple manner
* Aptitude to learn and drive continuous improvement and solve problems in a team environment. Experience leading improvement efforts in finance preferred
* Highly motivated, self-starter who manages projects end-to-end and has a demonstrated track record of getting results, organizing and prioritizing deadlines
* Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills. Ability to have fun and bring a sense of humour to work.
* Ability to multi-task several important priorities simultaneously
The best way to apply is by creating a DreamHire profile. This will ensure that your background and skills are accurate, and you can save your application as a draft and finish it later. It takes a few minutes to set up your profile.