Hughes Network Systems (Hughes), an EchoStar Company, is the world’s leading provider of satellite broadband for home and office, delivering innovative network technologies, managed services, and solutions for enterprises and governments globally. HughesNet is the #1 high-speed satellite Internet service in the marketplace, with offerings to suit every budget. To date, Hughes has shipped more than 4 million systems to customers in over 100 countries.
EchoStar, in Englewood, CO, is looking for a Financial Analyst with a strong understanding of business and industry trends to apply quantitative analysis towards improving operational performance and communicating financial analyses to management.
* Prepare and analyze periodic management reports of financial and operational results.
* Helps manage company-wide budgets and forecasts.
* Administer, maintain and develop Hyperion Planning models for budgets and forecasts.
* Perform ad hoc financial analysis of existing business or new opportunities and offer recommendations.
* Act extensively as an internal consultant for other Business units.
* Support the business development group with market research, competitive analysis, and merger and acquisition activities.
* Identify and track key indicators to monitor organization performance and prepare competitive analysis and benchmarking.
* Conduct project reviews with financial oversight.
* BA/BS in relevant field with minimum 3 years experience analyzing financial data
* 3 years experience developing budgets
* 3 years experience creating financial models
* 3 years experience performing variance analysis and reporting
* 3 years experience with advanced Excel experience
* MS/MBA preferred.
* Experience using Hyperion Suite of Products such as Planning, HFM and EssBase.
* Strong knowledge of financial measurements such as working capital, net present value, internal rate of return, and return on capital investment.
* Superior Excel modeling skills.
* Strong written and verbal communication and presentation skills; proven ability to present information to all levels of management.
* Initiative with the commitment and ability to meet monthly closing and forecasting deadlines.
* Superior analytical and problem solving skills; attention to detail.
* Quick to learn and willingness to go to the details to find issues and work with other teams to solve issues.
The best way to apply is by creating a DreamHire profile. This will ensure that your background and skills are accurate, and you can save your application as a draft and finish it later. It takes a few minutes to set up your profile.