Coursera is scaling a global platform to provide universal access to the world’s best education, and we’re driven by the passion and mission to let people learn without limits.
You are a pedagogy and instructional design expert working closely with our partners to transform traditional on campus courses into engaging and effective online learning experiences tailored to Coursera learners. As their pedagogical consultant, you aid partner content creation teams in building their internal capacity as online educators and strategically designing and developing specific pieces of content as partners create learning experiences ranging in scope from individual courses to fully accredited master’s programs. As we grow our degrees business, you’ll also be working with partners over multiple years to develop fully accredited online degrees. Outside of individual learning experiences, you will be on the cutting edge of online education research and practice, identifying and developing new online pedagogy, presenting at conferences, and sharing them with the extended Coursera community. Together, we will help create universal access to high-quality education, and make a profound difference to lives and societies around the world.
* Lead online teaching workshops with instructors and partner content creation teams on how to deliver great learning experiences for Coursera learners
* Develop new online teaching best practices, design strategies, and materials for partners to implement these through their content creation process
* Collaborate directly with instructors and content creation teams to map out and develop high quality degree learning experiences - identifying, reviewing and providing actionable feedback on all course components, designing solutions for high stakes assessments and scaled synchronous activities, and helping to build capacity for internal partner teams in the process
* Review learner success metrics and assess course quality through learner ratings, reviews, and behavior, developing actionable recommendations to aid partners in iterating on content
* 5+ years of relevant professional experience in teaching, online education, instructional design, or learning science
* Experience designing and developing full degree curriculums a plus
* Ability to speak as an accomplished thought-leader in the online teaching space to instructors and university and industry leaders
* Strong bias for action and ability to juggle multiple priorities in a fast-paced, dynamic, and cross-functional environment
* Good analytical skills, the ability to synthesize information from various sources, and conduct experimental research
* Content expertise in engineering, computer science, or analytics/data fields a plus
Apply to Coursera (Senior Teaching and Learning Specialist)
The best way to apply is by creating a DreamHire profile. This will ensure that your background and skills are accurate, and you can save your application as a draft and finish it later. It takes a few minutes to set up your profile.