Every day, Clover devices handle the core credit card and point-of-sale processing for hundreds of thousands of merchants. We provide next-generation payment services to the world's largest payment processor, First Data, (USD$2.2 trillion processing volume). Behind the scenes, we operate a cloud platform providing processing, storage and collaboration for merchants, application developers, service providers and our merchants' customers.
Currently, we are looking for an experienced senior software engineer to join our Payments team. Our Payments Engineers are highly capable problem solvers that are detail-oriented and self-driven. In this role, you will help build, certify and operate complex systems that allow our large fleet of smart payment terminals to process millions of transactions a day via our cloud infrastructure. You are pragmatic in balancing priorities and enjoy working in an iterative model where specifications are constantly changing. Our improvements and features are deployed every week, and hotfixes may occur every few days.
* Implementing and enhancing interfaces with back-end payment processing systems using various protocols and data formats (e.g. XML/SOAP, TCP, HTTP/S)
* Adding new payments features to our existing products such as dynamic currency conversion, offline payment support, Android Pay, Apple Pay, etc.
* Supporting device-level payment certification process for new products and new countries
* Working with international certification teams and test organizations
* Triaging bugs related to payment applications; including credit cards, gift cards, and other custom payment types
* Taking ownership of specific payment components
* Willingness to be part of a regular on call rotation
* Previous experience working at multiple levels in the stack. You will be expected to contribute on various levels: device operating system, secure/embedded processor firmware, client (Android) applications, payment related REST services, etc.
* Strong coding skills: Java - server technologies, REST web services, SOA, Android - good understanding of the platform, experience with Android ROM is a plus
* Familiarity with databases and schema design (we use primarily MySQL)
* Comfort with self-managing multiple high priority projects and working with complex, distributed systems
* Ability to work under pressure to conform to external standards and meet strict deadlines
* Strong communication skills and attention to detail
* Superior problem-solving skills
* Bachelor's degree, or above, in computer science or other engineering discipline, or equivalent work experience
**Nice to have:**
* C or C++ experience
* Previous experience in payments industry, specifically working with EMVco or exposure to PCI/PTS standards
The best way to apply is by creating a DreamHire profile. This will ensure that your background and skills are accurate, and you can save your application as a draft and finish it later. It takes a few minutes to set up your profile.