CEMEX is a global building materials company that provides high quality products and reliable service to customers and communities throughout the Americas, Europe, Africa, the Middle East, and Asia. We produce, distribute, and sell cement, ready-mix concrete, aggregates, and related building materials in more than 50 countries, and we maintain trade relationships in close to 100 nations.
Directs and coordinates activities of region ready mix organization, which includes ready mix production, delivery, and sales to minimize costs and achieve optimum productivity and efficiency for the organization. Responsible for sales of ready mix for the regional area. Also responsible for environmental issues for ready mix, safety to reduce liabilities and exposures.
* Directs and coordinates activities of the ready mix production, sales, production, and delivery departments within the organization.
* Directs and coordinates activities involved in the sales of the ready mix product.
* Aids information systems manager in summarizing, forecasting and administering business activity and financial positions
* Participates in formulating and administering company policies
* Develops long-range goals and objectives for the organization
* Directs and coordinates activities of the division for which responsibility is delegated to further attainment of established departmental goals and objectives
* Reviews analyses of activities, costs, operations, and forecasts data to determine if departmental and/or divisional programs are moving toward stated goals and objectives
* Confers with General Manager, other chief executive officers, and administrative personnel to review achievement and discuss required changes in goals or objectives resulting from current status and condition
* May serve as member of management committees on special studies
* Directs, in coordination with departmental objectives, the activities of each manager in the areas of production, sales, environmental and delivery to achieve optimum productivity and efficiency
* Confers with departmental managers and outside vendors to improve productivity and efficiency and to increase sales
* Recommends, and approves all departmental budgets
* Manages and develops direct reports within his/her organization
* Ensures, in conjunction with EHS and all departmental staff, all safety standards are adhered
* Ensures that all facilities within his/her organization are in compliance with federal/state regulations and requirements
* Ensures that his/her organization strives to meet customer expectations without exception and achieve highly positive customer satisfaction survey results consistent with strategic objectives
**Physical Requirements/Working Conditions:**
* Requires walking, sitting, lifting, pushing, pulling and climbing to some degree.
* Exerting up to 50 to 100 pounds of force occasionally/and or up to 25 to 50 pounds of force frequently.
* Must be able to perform all functions, which includes pushing, turning, and/or pulling of controls.
* College degree, preferably in an engineering or business discipline , MBA preferred
* Minimum of seven years experience performing varied responsibilities related to cement/ready mix/aggregates/asphalt operations
* Minimum of five years in a supervisory role
* Working knowledge of OSHA/MSHA/DOT regulations
* Experience in Budget and P&L , along with contract negotiations
* Excellent working knowledge of WINDOWS –based applications, as well as the AS 400 environment.
The best way to apply is by creating a DreamHire profile. This will ensure that your background and skills are accurate, and you can save your application as a draft and finish it later. It takes a few minutes to set up your profile.