* Design, develop and execute automated software test plans in order to identify and address user problems and their causes.
* Analyze risk identifiers and develop, implement, and upgrade automated testing software, leveraging knowledge of computer science and software development principles.
* Design test cases, scenarios, and scripts for unit, process, function, system integration, and acceptance testing that address areas such as database impacts, software design scenarios, regression testing, negative testing, error or bug retests, or usability.
* Define criteria for testing, ensure compliance with the schedules and priority of testing activities, perform testing utilizing various computer applications, and analyze test results.
* Identify, analyze, and document software defects, and coordinate efforts with software developers to address defects.
* Monitor programs and systems and participate in all aspects of software quality testing including process design and standards, effort estimation, resource forecasting and fulfillment, and task and risk management including, functional, performance, regression and roll-back testing.
* Participate in the development of software quality engineering procedures including functional, performance, regression, and roll-back testing scenarios, scripts, or procedures.
* Participate in software redesign process assessing software development projects for quality assurance factors affecting functional requirements and design specifications, and documenting problems, software defects, and test defects.