Baldwin offers a range of online Business Solutions and Safety Management Systems (SMS) to simplify the establishment and maintenance of a complete SMS program or the enhancement of your current SMS program. Baldwin's proprietary software provides flexibility and customization of ALL forms with the ability to create over 300 real-time, interactive reports. Having been audited numerous times by accredited auditors, clients can be assured Baldwin's programs meet or exceed regulatory requirements.
Baldwin Aviation is a leader in aviation safety management systems and we are looking for a remote developer (also ok with relocation) to join our development team. Candidate must be located within driving distance of Hilton Head, SC to allow for on-site visits (every 4-6 weeks) to spend onsite with the rest of the team. We are seeking a motivated and dependable Ruby on Rails developer with full stack experience who is eager to join a company that is making a difference in the industry. We are a small company, which means we each have the flexibility and responsibility to be creative in how we build our software solutions. Get ready to make a big impact with a market-changing company and to hit the ground running!
* Build, Support and Test new application features, primarily using Ruby on Rails.
* Improve system performance and reliability, including web application and RDBMS optimization.
* Take initiative and ownership of projects, clearly communicating with customers and co-workers.
* Intermediate experience developing customer facing web applications with Rails(or similar)
* Basic to intermediate knowledge of *nix based operating systems
* Solid understanding of object-oriented development and design patterns
* Solid understanding of testing concepts and practices, including: unit, integration, and use case testing
**Nice to Haves**
We love great software, and we love the tools that help us write great software. This means that we tend to enjoy things like Vim, dotfiles, linux, custom keyboard firmwares etc. It would be awesome if you have experience with AWS, agile development methodologies, TDD, building servers and deployment automation. We're a group of quirky individuals, so a sense of humor is definitely a nice to have!
Compensation package commensurate with experience.
The best way to apply is by creating a DreamHire profile. This will ensure that your background and skills are accurate, and you can save your application as a draft and finish it later. It takes a few minutes to set up your profile.