Atlassian is a leading provider of collaboration, development, and issue tracking software for teams. With over 50,000 global customers (including 85 of the Fortune 100), we’re advancing the power of collaboration with products including JIRA, Confluence, HipChat, Bitbucket, and more. Driven by honest values, an amazing culture, and consistent revenue growth, we’re out to unleash the potential of every team.
We are looking for a front end developer to build and enhance HipChat's web client. You will also support and enhance its integration into HipChat's popular Mac, Windows, and Linux desktop clients. You will be supported by robust backend systems, mature protocols, and an experienced team with a strong desire to build the best chat and collaboration platform on the market. Think NASA launching the Rover on Mars or Cochlear gifting children born deaf with the ability to hear, your work directly impacts the products they use to advance humanity. You'll need a solid technical prowess with incredible coding ability across a diverse set of languages and technologies. You will thrive on the ability to work under pressure.
* Develop functionality for HipChat's web client plus its integration into HipChat's native Mac, Windows, and Linux clients.
* Work with your product management counterpart to build the best experience for the end user.
* Break down problems into stories and tasks for you and your team to work on.
* Understand performance, scalability, and software development best practices, and implement them in the code you write.
* Work with designers to build a great user experience.
* Bachelors/Masters degree in Computer Science or a related field.
* 2+ years of software development experience
* Experience building single page web applications.
* Experience using a variety of modern web technologies, including React, Electron, Immutable, Babel, NodeJS, and npm.
* Excellent communication skills to both technical and non-technical audiences.
* Experience evaluating and adopting new technologies.
* Experience using analytics data to make decisions on architecture or UI.
* Familiarity with chat / messaging systems would be a huge bonus.
The best way to apply is by creating a DreamHire profile. This will ensure that your background and skills are accurate, and you can save your application as a draft and finish it later. It takes a few minutes to set up your profile.