Is a global leader in all forms of entertainment and their related businesses across all current and emerging media and platforms.
WB Games San Francisco is seeking an Art Director to lead our Art Team. Come help us build a world class mobile games studio and take the world’s biggest film and cross-media franchises to 1.2 billion mobile gamers. We are putting together an amazing team working on very cool games with top notch art, design and engineering people. WB Games San Francisco is a new games studio, built to continue our success with mobile titles such as Injustice: Gods Among Us (iOS), LEGO Batman, LEGO Harry Potter and Scribblenauts. You will be tasked to help bring WB’s iconic properties from movies, television and comics to mobile gaming.
* Explanation of major job duties and responsibilities (should give clear picture of what the person does each day).
* Manage a team of 20+ artist of multiple disciplines.
* Own, articulate, and evangelize visual direction.
* Work closely with Game Developers to ensure art supports and enhances the game experience.
* Review, direct, provide positive constructive feedback to a variety of game art disciplines including, UI, environments, characters, VFX, lighting, animation and outsourced art.
* Prior education minimally required to be hired for this position. (e.g. “Requires bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field”).
* Bachelor’s degree in fine art or equivalent.
* Prior work experience needed to do this job (e.g. “3yrs of online ad sales experience required”).
* Passionate about games and playing games.
* Shipped a minimum of two titles as Art Director demonstrating a high visual bar.
* Proven track record working with an established AAA franchise.
* A minimum of 8 years’ experience developing video game art as a lead.
* Outstanding communications and interpersonal skills.
* Must be able to motivate artists and collaborate well with other developers in a team environment.
* Solid knowledge of current and next-gen art techniques.
* Strong illustration and concept art skills.
* Must have mentored and managed a team of 15 to 20 artists.
* Demonstrated proficiency with popular 2D and 3D applications, such as Maya, Zbrush, 3DS Max, Adobe Photoshop, Painter and at least one game engine such as Unity, Unreal or Crytek.
* Other skills needed to perform the job (e.g. presentation skills, negotiation skills, etc.)
* Other requirements not listed above (e.g. foreign languages, travel requirements, etc.)
The best way to apply is by creating a DreamHire profile. This will ensure that your background and skills are accurate, and you can save your application as a draft and finish it later. It takes a few minutes to set up your profile.