We are product-driven, curious, and creative. We aggressively reinvest in development to keep Unity moving and evolving - from expanding usability and power, to platform reach. With over a billion installs per month, Unity touches gamers and non-gamers alike. As well as video games, our software is used in industries as diverse as medicine, visualization and shopping - democratizing game development while solving hard problems and enabling success for a huge range of developers worldwide.
As a Senior Graphics Programmer on the Spotlight Team you will work closely with the best Game Studios and Developers to really push the boundaries of what is possible in Unity. You will implement new Unity features, or optimize current features in conjunction with our partners. You will work with many different teams so you should enjoy meeting new people, and be prepared to travel. This is a great opportunity to contribute to big AAA projects without being tied to the 2-3 year development cycles that typically involves.
The ideal candidate will be an experienced graphics programmer that loves working with artists to realize their vision while maintaining a silky smooth frame rate.
* Work with external team to create high-end showcases for Unity
* Develop features, workflows or effects as needed in collaboration with artists
* Optimize systems and tools to work smoothly with massive data sets
* 5-10 years AAA game development experience with several titles shipped on PC or Console
* Excellent and current programming skills. C/C++, C#
* Performance minded development and optimization skills
* Strong multithreaded programming skills
* Comfortable with 3D math and graphics algorithms
* Great communication skills and ability to work effectively on shared projects with designers, artists, testers, and other developers
* Experience with Unity, Unreal, CryEngine or other 3D game engines.
* Ability to travel once per month on average
Apply to Unity Technologies (Senior Software Graphics Engineer)
The best way to apply is by creating a DreamHire profile. This will ensure that your background and skills are accurate, and you can save your application as a draft and finish it later. It takes a few minutes to set up your profile.