MZ, previously known as Machine Zone, is a privately held technology company based in Palo Alto, California, founded in 2008. Its flagship product, RT platform is a real-time messaging and analytics platform for managing real time data streams.
MZ Game Studio is seeking a highly skilled technical lead for the team of senior engineers developing our next-gen game engine. In addition to being a primary code contributor, the lead engineer is responsible for driving deliverables, providing technical guidance, performing code reviews, and ensuring that the team is operating as efficiently as possible. Qualified candidates must have previous experience leading game development teams, and must be proficient in writing highly optimized, extensible, and maintainable code under aggressive deadlines.
* Produce high quality and well-documented code promoting modularity, extensibility, and performance
* Enforce best practices for documentation, unit testing, and code reviews
* Provide mentoring and technical guidance to team members
* Plan milestones, deadlines, and deliverables, and ensure that they are met
* 7+ years of expert level C++ experience
* 5+ years of game development experience
* Experience leading a team of at least 4 engineers on a shipped title
* Multiple shipped titles, preferably including console / PC
* Strong background in computer science fundamentals, design patterns, algorithms, and data structures
* Exceptional problem solving and debugging skills
* Bachelor's in Computer Science or equivalent experience
The best way to apply is by creating a DreamHire profile. This will ensure that your background and skills are accurate, and you can save your application as a draft and finish it later. It takes a few minutes to set up your profile.