We are product-driven, curious, and creative. We aggressively reinvest in development to keep Unity moving and evolving - from expanding usability and power, to platform reach. With over a billion installs per month, Unity touches gamers and non-gamers alike. As well as video games, our software is used in industries as diverse as medicine, visualization and shopping - democratizing game development while solving hard problems and enabling success for a huge range of developers worldwide.
Joining Unity's Desktop and Web team means not just helping build one of the most popular game engines in the world but having an opportunity to advance one of the largest segments of the market and help shape one of the newest. The Desktop and Web team is a small and agile group responsible for building the future of Windows, Mac and WebGL at Unity. With the revival of desktop gaming in recent years, there has never been a more exciting time to be a part of one of the oldest and most loved gaming platforms of all time.
You have probably worked on engine level tech on desktop or console platforms in the past and you know the importance of writing fast and maintainable code. If you are also looking to put these skills in the hands of millions of developers using Unity around the world you have come to the right place. We are looking for an experienced macOS developer to help us keep Unity up to date with all the latest macOS updates and features, and help us push what Unity can do for our developers and gamers alike.
* Collaborate with Unity R&D across the globe on core engine improvements and requirements related to the advancement of Mac, Windows and WebGL development
* Performance optimization engineering efforts to enable developers to ship the fastest and best looking games possible
* 7-10 years Experience
* Computer Science degree or equivalent experience
* Strong system level C++/C skills
* Cross platform development experience
* Strong initiative and ability to work independently
* Excellent communication skills
* Methodical and investigative disposition
* Performance-minded development
* Mac development experience
* C# development experience
* OpenGL / Direct3D experience
* WebGL experience
* Experience using Unity’s engine and tools
Apply to Unity Technologies (Senior Software Desktop Engineer)
The best way to apply is by creating a DreamHire profile. This will ensure that your background and skills are accurate, and you can save your application as a draft and finish it later. It takes a few minutes to set up your profile.