Quality Assurance Software Engineer
Job Posting Details
About Tech Soft 3D
Tech Soft 3D is the leading global provider of development tools that help software teams deliver successful applications, as well as the creator of the 3D format that is part of the PDF standard. Established in 1996 and headquartered in Bend, Oregon, Tech Soft 3D also has offices in California, France, England and Japan.
The QA Software Engineer is a developer position focused on testing and quality assurance for our native and web 3D visualization APIs and end-user products. We need someone with strong programming skills that can exploit them to find defects in software before our customers do.
* Design and develop production-grade testing infrastructure and test utilities for native and web 3D visualization APIs and end-user applications
* Analyze complex problems with technical 3D graphics and geometric modeling software to identify defects or potential improvements
* Perform white and black box testing operations to validate our products and identify defects
* Develop comprehensive testing and QA plans
* Stay abreast of technology and market changes that may affect or enhance our products
* Provide feedback on and suggest improvements to product documentation, programming examples, white papers, etc.
We’re open to a range of experience; outstanding entry-level recent college graduates as well as experienced candidates are invited to apply.
* BS in an applicable field, preferably Computer Science or Mathematics
* Very strong understanding of computer science fundamentals: data structures, algorithms, design patterns, etc.
* Very strong analysis and problem-solving skills and the ability to work independently
* Excellent oral and written communication skills
* Ability to work well in a task-oriented team environment
* Fast learner with attention to detail as well as the big picture
* Willingness to tell people things they don’t want to hear
**It would be significant plus for you to have**
* Familiarity with 3D computer graphics concepts, including data structures, algorithms and APIs
* Experience with software development and debugging on a wide variety of platforms, especially Windows, Linux, and AWS
* Familiarity with Postgres or other SQL language
* Familiarity with testing frameworks
Compensation and Working Conditions
Additional Notes on Compensation
Continuous learning and challenge. Awesome leaders. A relaxed environment.
Food, fun and flexibility. Great benefits, including fully paid medical, 401(k)+ matching, plenty of PTO, sabbaticals, profit sharing, etc.