We are product-driven, curious, and creative. We aggressively reinvest in development to keep Unity moving and evolving - from expanding usability and power, to platform reach. With over a billion installs per month, Unity touches gamers and non-gamers alike. As well as video games, our software is used in industries as diverse as medicine, visualization and shopping - democratizing game development while solving hard problems and enabling success for a huge range of developers worldwide.
Unity Technologies is looking for a Generalist Software Engineer with a passion for building scalable pipelines, and high-level design strategy to help take our core data platform to the next level. Our Enterprise team builds data analytics products for the top game studios using Unity for their development. Our mission is to help developers make the best decisions for their games by leveraging the power of the Unity data network. Our data platform combines and mines massive amounts of 1st and 3rd party data to extract unique insights for developers.
Our technology stack is built to create solid products that allow us to operate in a high-volume environment. Stability, quality, and robustness of code are requirements in our development environment as our network reaches millions of users each day, in thousands of games worldwide.
* Build, scale and maintain data pipelines to process billions of daily events into our Spark and Snowflake data warehouse
* Ability to be able to know how to use the tools and also understand how the technology behind them works
* Write and tune complex Java, Scala, Spark, Airflow jobs
* Explore available technologies and design solutions to continuously improve our data quality, workflow reliability, scalability while reporting performance and capabilities
* Troubleshoot data issues and build customized reports to investigate key business questions
* Work closely with the Unity Engine, Analytics and Services teams worldwide
* At least 5 years of experience in building scalable software systems and writing production code
* At least 5 years of experience with relational databases, SQL, and map-reduce languages
* At least 3 years of experience with Unix and shell scripting; strong knowledge of regular expressions and text processing (awk, sed)
* Ability to work directly with key internal stakeholders to prioritize initiatives and respond quickly to changes in the online environment
Deep knowledge building high-performance, high-availability, distributed systems
Apply to Unity Technologies (Senior Backend Engineer Analytics)
The best way to apply is by creating a DreamHire profile. This will ensure that your background and skills are accurate, and you can save your application as a draft and finish it later. It takes a few minutes to set up your profile.