Snap! Raise empowers schools, groups, and organizations with the tools to fundraise for their cause. Collect mobile donations with ease and utilize online donation tools that are effective and simple. Fundraise in a Snap!
We are looking for a versatile technical addition to our development team here in Seattle. The position offers an extensive amount of ownership and influence to our development processes as we scale the largest team based fundraising solution in the country. You will be called upon to not only write the code, but also be a key driver in our product's development.
* Implement advanced front end features for our primary product using React, EmberJS, and Ruby on Rails
* Interpret requirements of implementation with a versatile group of product designers and engineers
* Ability to digest feature specifications and user stories into technical implementation
* Collaborate with cross-functional teams to define, design, and release new features
* Feature level testing verifying code for robustness, including edge cases, usability, and general reliability
* Address and prioritize production level bugs and application performance improvements
* Continuously evaluate and implement new technologies to maximize development efficiency
* Be comfortable releasing production ready code on tight deadlines with high visibility
* Communication above all, do you know when to speak up and ask for help or feedback?
* Formal software education in front end development and design
* 1+ years of professional software development with extensive experience in the front end
* 6+ months of experience using React in a medium-to-large production-grade web application
* In-depth knowledge of React, including experience with scalability issues and system architecture
* Experience with Sketch for consolidating and implementing product designs, Photoshop optional
* Familiarity with Ruby on Rails or any modern MVC framework
* An understanding of development in test driven environments
* Ability to write unit tests and function feature tests with Capybara / Selenium
* Understanding of Git for source code management and revision control
* An adaptable attitude and understanding of the Agile software development methodology
* Ability to reevaluate priorities on a tight timeline
* Self-motivated with a team-first mentality
* Ability to work at a results-oriented, product-driven startup
The best way to apply is by creating a DreamHire profile. This will ensure that your background and skills are accurate, and you can save your application as a draft and finish it later. It takes a few minutes to set up your profile.