Snap! Raise empowers schools, groups, and organizations with the tools to fundraise for their cause. Collect mobile donations with ease and utilize online donation tools that are effective and simple. Fundraise in a Snap!
We are looking for a versatile and experienced technical addition to our development team here in Seattle. The position offers an extensive amount of ownership and influence to our development processes as we scale the largest team-based fundraising solution in the country. You will be called upon to not only write the code, but also be a key driver in our product's development.
* Design and build advanced features on our primary ROR web application
* Consolidate feature specification and user stories into technical implementation
* Collaborate with cross-functional teams to define, design, and release new features
* Unit-test code for robustness, including edge cases, usability, and general reliability
* Address and prioritize production level bugs and application performance improvements
* Continuously evaluate and implement new technologies to maximize development efficiency
* Be comfortable releasing production ready code on tight deadlines with high visibility
* Communication above all, do you know when to speak up and ask for help or feedback?
* BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject
* 3+ years of professional software development with extensive Ruby/RoR experience
* Experience integrating third-party libraries and APIs
* An understanding of development in test driven environments
* Know SQL and how to query in active record and directly with raw SQL
* Familiarity with AWS systems and infrastructure is a massive plus
* Ability to write unit tests and function feature tests in Rspec and Capybara
* Understanding of Git for source code management and revision control
* Experience with bulk email sending, tracking, and analytics
* An adaptable attitude and understanding of the agile methodology
* Ability to reevaluate priorities on a tight timeline
* Self-motivated with a Team-First mentality
Apply to Snap! (Full Stack Ruby on Rails Software Developer)
The best way to apply is by creating a DreamHire profile. This will ensure that your background and skills are accurate, and you can save your application as a draft and finish it later. It takes a few minutes to set up your profile.