The RiverStone Group is the preeminent insurance run-off manager in the world and is owned by Fairfax Financial Holdings Limited, a financial services holding company, publicly traded on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbol FFH.
RiverStone is a global insurance industry leader specializing in the acquisition and management of insurance portfolios. With a highly skilled team employed in the US and Europe, RiverStone has amassed unrivaled industry and regulatory experience, and is a recognized market leader in the resolution of complex insurance claims arising from multiple lines of business including APH (asbestos, environmental, and mass tort) construction defect, brown and blue water marine, workers compensation, and major bodily injury liabilities. An immediate opportunity exists for a Claims Analyst. Reporting into the Unit Manager, the Claims Analyst will directly handle claims including professional liability, construction defect, medical, legal and other professional malpractice, general liability, asbestos, pollution, and health hazard. Day to day activities will include: coverage analyses, liability and damage investigations, comprehensive evaluations, litigation management, negotiation, mediation participation and trial attendance as cases require. Potential responsibilities may include special projects and participation in due diligence efforts to evaluate potential new business acquisitions.
* Reviews loss notices; confirms and interprets policy coverages; establishes adequate reserves; and investigates and handles claims involving primary and excess coverages
* Responsible for assignment to and control of work of defense counsel, assignment of expert witnesses, and interfacing with peer carriers including design and execution of defense and indemnity contracts, evaluation of liability and damages, and participation in settlement conferences
* Ensures proper file setup, reserving, general handling and application of company procedure and coverage interpretation philosophy
* Participates in developing claims handling techniques, including defense coordination, expense control, and strategy
* Provides specific claims information to senior management relative to all new notices of loss and maintains specific financial and general statistical records which are used for reporting to management
* Maintains diary control of reported cases to ensure maintenance of proper reserves to reflect the company's exposure and adequate notice to reinsurers, and recovery of specific amounts when payment exceeds the company's retention
* Performs special projects and assignments related to area of authority
* Excellent analytical, interpersonal and communications skills, both written and oral, required.
* College Degree Required
* Required Experience
* Must have a minimum of three years of experience in handling commercial line and/or multi-line claims preferred. Proven track record of working independently and meeting assigned deadlines.
* Experienced claims professionals and lawyers seeking a career change using their legal experience and analytical skills are often well-suited for the RiverStone Claim Analyst position.
* College degree is required
* Experience in handling third-party and insurance coverage claims/litigation preferred
* Excellent analytical, interpersonal and communications skills, both written and oral, required
* Possession of a CPCU, SCLA, and CCLA, JD preferred
* Proven track record of working independently and meeting assigned deadlines
* Possession of a CPCU, SCLA, CCLA, JD a plus but not required.
Apply to RiverStone Resources (Claims Analyst - GA)
The best way to apply is by creating a DreamHire profile. This will ensure that your background and skills are accurate, and you can save your application as a draft and finish it later. It takes a few minutes to set up your profile.