Q2 is focused on empowering returns on relationships for community-centered financial institutions and their consumer and commercial account holders. We do this with the most comprehensive, secure and adaptable smart banking platform of its kind, designed to deliver a compelling, consistent user experience on any device and enable customers to deliver secure, innovative services and increasingly, to generate new sources of revenue.
Q2 is seeking a Technical Writer to support the product and implementation documentation needs at Q2. We are seeking a qualified individual who thrives in a busy environment, is exceptionally detail-oriented, possesses exceptional communication skills, is an energetic self-starter, and who works well independently and in a team setting.
* Interviews developers, product owners, project managers, implementation engineers and other subject matter experts to document technical details on setup and configuration requirements for existing and new features and/or customizations for distribution to downstream internal groups and/or Q2’s customers
* Researches, writes, edits, and proofreads product implementation documentation within established time frames and produces illustrations and screenshots for the documentation when necessary
* Coordinate with groups downstream from development to ensure requested/required documentation of various development efforts are captured and passed to downstream groups
* Conducts and/or assists in documentation planning tasks, including preparing documentation plans, defining audience, performing task analysis, and establishing project schedules
* Conducts tests and solicits feedback to ensure the clarity, completeness, technical accuracy, and quality of the documents produced
* As assigned, reviews and validates technical documentation produced by other departments or by other Q2 writers to ensure technical accuracy and adherence to Q2 styles
* Helps identify needs and creates templates in MadCap Flare for various types of technical publications
* Perform other related duties, as required
* Responsible for ensuring that all security, availability, confidentiality and privacy policies and controls are adhered to
* Familiarity with Click Tools
* Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in Technical Communication, English, Journalism, or related field
* Typically requires a minimum of five years of technical writing experience with demonstrated writing and analytical skills
* Must possess a comprehensive understanding of software development processes
* Knowledge of programming languages, specifically SQL, is desired
* Knowledge of banking practices is highly desired
* Knowledge of help authoring software, specifically MadCap Flare and single sourcing is highly desired.
* Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
* Strong teamwork, organization and problem solving skills
* Ability to work effectively in a collaborative working environment and be highly proactive
* Ability to travel to Q2’s customer sites, if needed
The best way to apply is by creating a DreamHire profile. This will ensure that your background and skills are accurate, and you can save your application as a draft and finish it later. It takes a few minutes to set up your profile.