At Pandora, we're a unique collection of engineers, musicians, designers, marketers, and world-class sellers with a common goal: to enrich lives by delivering effortless personalized music enjoyment and discovery. People—the listeners, the music makers, and our employees—are at the center of our purpose and everything we do. Actually, employees at Pandora are a lot like the service itself: bright, eclectic, and innovative.
We’re looking for a Sr. Software Engineer to join Pandora’s Ad Buying Platform team. This platform is responsible for bringing the largest chunk of revenue to Pandora. The role involves working on an agile team of Full Stack Engineers to develop scalable and reliable object oriented software using Python, Django, JQuery (possibly moving to React), Celery, Redis and Postgresql. This team is the ads beat and tempo of Pandora Engineering.
You will work in building new services or decoupling existing ones, designing new features, proposing new technologies, mentoring other Engineers, performing code reviews and debugging hard problems along other talented people that takes pride in high quality software. If this role seems like a good match for you, please submit an application - we’d love to hear from you!
* Minimum 5 years relevant professional experience
* Expert level experience developing Python. Experience working with backend SQL-style databases
* Experience working with Django in a production environment
* Experience developing for Linux-based deployment platforms (Debian preferred)
* Comfortable working across the full technology stack
* Experience in HTML and CSS development
* Team player with excellent communication and interpersonal skills
* Experience developing with Big Data (Hadoop, Hive)
* Experience working with Apache or Nginx
* Experience with modern build tools (e.g. Gradle)
* Experience working on an Agile software team
* Experience providing streaming media direct to consumers
* Experience working with Docker in a production environment
* BA/BS or better in Computer Science or equivalent
Apply to Pandora (Senior Python Software Engineer)
The best way to apply is by creating a DreamHire profile. This will ensure that your background and skills are accurate, and you can save your application as a draft and finish it later. It takes a few minutes to set up your profile.