NextVR enables the transmission of live, long-form virtual reality content in broadcast quality – leading the way for live and on-demand VR to become a mainstream experience for sporting events, concerts, cinematic productions and more. Launched in 2009, NextVR has more than 26 patents granted or pending for the capture, compression, transmission, and display of virtual reality content.
NextVR is expanding our virtual reality platform and we want your expertise. As an Encoder Developer you will be responsible for developing a robust video encoding platform for fully immersive stereoscopic 360 degree live video broadcasting. We're looking for passionate, creative developers who are excited about solving new problems in new ways.
* Build and support an excellent platform for NextVR content
* Help drive the feature roadmap of NextVR products
* Optimize the experience across different application types
* Deliver a smooth and delightful experience for the NextVR platform
* Implement and deliver our core real-time image and audio pipeline applications for live productions
* Create unit tests and benchmarks to monitor and improve performance
* BS or MS in Computer Science or equivalent experience
* 3+ years of experience developing in C and C++, ideally including C++11 and C++14
* OpenCL/GPU compute experience is required
* Knowledge in image processing techniques
* Algorithm implementation and optimization experience
* 3D Math & 3D Graphics knowledge (OpenGL) is a plus
* Some knowledge of computer vision algorithms
* Spacial audio knowledge is a plus
* Experience in writing and supporting a software product
* Profiling and debugging experience preferred
The best way to apply is by creating a DreamHire profile. This will ensure that your background and skills are accurate, and you can save your application as a draft and finish it later. It takes a few minutes to set up your profile.