Interactive Brokers LLC (IB) is a low cost provider of trade execution and clearing services for individuals, advisors, prop trading groups, brokers and hedge funds. IB's premier technology provides electronic access to stocks, options, futures, forex, bonds and funds on over 100 markets worldwide from a single IB Universal account.
As one of the fastest growing low-cost brokers, we are increasingly finding a need to help our developers bring features to market more quickly and, while moving quickly, to maintain the availability, robustness and security of IB services. To that end we are growing an internal DevOps team to automate and improve our development platform. Candidates should have a passion for excellence in software engineering, for the scientific method, for making changes based on data rather than anecdote, and a desire to constantly find ways to improve methods and processes. The role is one with high leverage and the potential to improve the working lives of all developers at IB.
* Bachelor’s degree or better in Computer Science, Physics, Mathematics or other technical field
* Hands-on experience in Java, Python and/or shell scripting
* 1+ years experience with Unix/Linux operating systems, especially Red Hat distributions
* Experience with the design, implementation and delivery of build/test/release infrastructure
* Admin experience with continuous integration tools like Jenkins or Travis CI
* Familiarity with distributed version control systems, especially Git
* 3+ years experience with professional software development
* Systematic problem-solving approach, coupled with strong communication skills and a sense of ownership and drive
* Ability to debug and optimize code and automate routine tasks
The best way to apply is by creating a DreamHire profile. This will ensure that your background and skills are accurate, and you can save your application as a draft and finish it later. It takes a few minutes to set up your profile.