Hudson River Trading brings a scientific approach to trading financial products. We have built one of the world's most sophisticated computing environments for research and development. Our researchers are at the forefront of innovation in the world of algorithmic trading.
The Networks team designs, builds and deploys all the infrastructure that allows our global trading and research environment to run 24/7. We are looking for an all-star developer who's excited to learn the details of how data is routed around the internet, or a seasoned network engineer who is more excited about APIs than CLIs and has the programming skills to match. Project areas will include building tools for configuration management, automation, monitoring, and performance analysis. You will work closely with our systems and operations teams as well as others at HRT to build, manage, and monitor our cutting edge R&D cluster environment and ultra low latency trade network.
In this position, you’ll have broad responsibilities and freedom to analyze and solve problems, and your solutions will have an immediate impact on our operations worldwide. We’re looking for someone who is excited about tackling big picture problems, working on a wide variety of projects and technologies, and learning the nitty-gritty of the networking and systems sides of our global architecture.
* Excellent design, debugging, and troubleshooting skills
* Experience in Python is great, but good CS fundamentals and enthusiasm about learning Python are required
* Experience with some of the following technologies and tools: Grafana, ElasticSearch, Influxdb, Graphite, Nagios, Zenoss, Cacti
* Exposure to these protocols is beneficial: OSPF, BGP, PIM, IGMP
* Experience with Unix/Linux command line and networking stack
* Experience with high performance computing development and administration is beneficial
* Familiarity with systems configuration management and monitoring technologies
* BS in Computer Science, Engineering, or IT
* 1-5 years of experience
* Adept in at least one higher level language such as Python
* Understanding of networking basics
* Ability to debug and fix problems quickly
* Ability to look at code, figure out how it works, and how to make it better
* Ability to multitask and retain a high attention to detail and priorities
* Eager to learn and apply new skills quickly
* You enjoy tinkering with technology in your spare time
* You have excellent communication skills and a willingness to admit mistakes
The best way to apply is by creating a DreamHire profile. This will ensure that your background and skills are accurate, and you can save your application as a draft and finish it later. It takes a few minutes to set up your profile.