Harvard Medical School has been synonymous with excellence in education, research and clinical care for generations. Since the school was established in 1782, faculty members have improved human health by innovating in their roles as physicians, mentors and scholars. Harvard Medical School has been synonymous with excellence in education, research and clinical care for generations.
This position requires an experienced an entrepreneurial research assistant to help in collecting, testing, and analyzing human stem cells. The candidate will be expected to follow best practices, leading up to tangible results which will be prepared and presented as high-quality presentations in internal meetings.
Harvard Medical School is currently seeking an experienced, motivated and well-organized individual with a passion for entrepreneurship to provide technical support to a cutting-edge stem cell therapy research project.
The candidate should have experience in cellular and molecular biology. Key skills include the use of computer programming for RNA-Seq data analysis (bulk and single cell), a background in cell culture techniques (human stem cells), and experience with transfection and flow cytometry. The candidate will be responsible for cell culture, transfection, media making, passaging etc. Will design, perform, and analyze cell culture experiments, achieving endpoints which include flow cytometric, genomic, and/or molecular analysis, immune-staining, and imaging. The position involves utilization of these techniques along with the development and validation of experimental and analytical protocols; organizing and assisting in data generation efforts and carrying out routine laboratory maintenance and procedures. This is a full-time hands-on research position that reports to the lead research scientist in molecular engineering. The candidate should be coachable, determined, well-organized, responsible, and able to collaborate with other team members.
* College background in biology, cell biology, biosciences, engineering, computational sciences, biochemistry, bioinformatics, or related discipline.
* 2+ years with general molecular and cellular biology techniques - PCR, cloning, plasmid isolation, cell culture, transfection, media making, etc.
* Computational programming with experience in R, Python/Perl and potentially C or related fields.
* BS/MS degree in biology, cell biology, biosciences, engineering or computational sciences, biochemistry, or related discipline.
* Minimum of 2+ years lab experience.
* Authored scientific reports and manuscripts.
* Passionate about entrepreneurial activities.
* Highly organized with a passion for entrepreneurship.
* Experienced and proficient in stem cell therapy research, cellular, and molecular biology.
* Have strong project management and organizational skills.
* Able to prioritize and multitask while focusing on delivering results.
* Ready to learn new ideas and techniques.
Apply to Harvard Medical School (Research Assistant III)
The best way to apply is by creating a DreamHire profile. This will ensure that your background and skills are accurate, and you can save your application as a draft and finish it later. It takes a few minutes to set up your profile.