Recently spun off from Emergent Networks, a leading IT professional and managed services company, Emergent Software is a small software development and consulting company poised for growth with a large pool of clients and opportunities. Emergent Software has a team of senior software engineers with decades of consulting experience who work together on a variety of interesting and challenging projects for clients all over the twin cities.
Emergent Software is seeking candidates for a Senior .Net Web Application & Custom Software Developer position. Qualified candidates have at least 5 years of .NET development experience. This role is for self-starters with good communication skills, work ethic, and the ability to participate in all aspects of the software development life cycle.
* Engage in all aspects of software delivery including technical requirements gathering, data modeling, technology selection, and deployment.
* Collaborate with other team members to develop new web applications and custom software.
* Meet with clients and craft technology solutions that will meet their business needs.
* Maintain and troubleshoot existing web applications and custom software.
* Act as a mentor for more junior developers.
* Work on multiple projects simultaneously, prioritizing effectively to meet our customers’ delivery expectations.
* 5+ years of development experience with ASP.NET Web Forms and/or MVC using C#.
* Experience with CSS frameworks such as Bootstrap, Foundation.
* Experience integrating software with 3rd party APIs (eg Twilio, SendGrid).
* Proven success implementing projects from start to finish either on one’s own or part of a team.
* Must be a self-starter able to complete tasks and implement solutions independently.
* Strong technical and non-technical communication skills, both written and verbal.
* A variety of experience with technologies like Content Management (eg Sitecore, Umbraco, WordPress), Cloud Computing Platforms (eg Azure, Amazon), SharePoint, and cross-platform mobile app development tools (eg Xamarin, Sencha).Experience working directly with customer teams of all sizes is desired.
* Experience with non-Microsoft languages & technologies (eg Node JS, PostgreSQL, Ruby, PHP).
* Proficiency with SQL Server and experience with data modeling.
* Previous Software Development Consulting experience either independent consulting or with a firm.
* The ability to put a large amount of spin on ping pong serves goes a long way with this group.
Apply to Emergent Software (Senior .NET Web Application Developer)
The best way to apply is by creating a DreamHire profile. This will ensure that your background and skills are accurate, and you can save your application as a draft and finish it later. It takes a few minutes to set up your profile.