We are a Software Product Company. We produce cloud products that help investment companies optimize and control the information they need to manage their investment products. We are a company made up of exceptionally talented individuals who know what it means to work as a team.
A Senior Software Engineer at Confluence, working either in our Pittsburgh, PA office or remotely, creates software applications, prototypes, and other technical artifacts for use by customers, other engineers and non-technical team members. This person works from user stories and architectural specifications created by product owners and software architects. This person will spend the majority of their time doing hands on coding while openly communicating with other members of the project team. This position works across the entire technology stack from UI to business tier to data storage.
* Work with software engineers, QA, architects and tech writers to design and build high quality software that delivers great value to our Clients.
* Use software industry best practices and tools to code, test, debug and release software products.
* Research, prototype and select technologies that meet the needs of the product, business and team.
* Work on a cross-functional Scrum team participating in planning, stand-ups, retrospectives and demos.
* Provide input to Product Owner and Scrum Master on scope and size of User Stories.
* Take responsibility for timely completion of software tasks identifying alternative approaches or work-arounds when problems are encountered.
* Seek constant improvement of Confluence’s products, software engineering process and teams as well as continuous development and growth of your skills.
* Mentor Software Engineers and QA team members on technology and software practices.
We are seeking Senior Software Engineers with 7+ years of full-stack development experience with a demonstrated ability to migrate legacy applications to modern architectures.
These base technical skills are needed:
* Significant experience developing complex software applications using C# and .Net framework 3.5 or higher.
* Strong understanding of OOP concepts and Microservice Architecture.
* Relational database design experience is required.
* Experience with Azure or related cloud solution is preferred.
* Practical experience using Software Development best practices such as unit testing, pair programming, continuous integration and secure software development.
* Experience with Scrum or other agile methodologies.
A successful team member will appreciate mentoring others and has a willingness to be mentored. We require sound a decision maker that utilizes knowledge of business to drive decisions with a great sense of commitment in doing the job right the first time. We are looking for someone with a strong willingness to learn continuously and take ownership and accountability.
Potential remote employees must have experience working as a remote team member. Success delivering high-quality software and collaborating with an agile team, while working from a home-office, must be demonstrated.
The best way to apply is by creating a DreamHire profile. This will ensure that your background and skills are accurate, and you can save your application as a draft and finish it later. It takes a few minutes to set up your profile.