From the biggest banks to the most elite hedge funds, financial institutions need timely, accurate data to capture opportunities and evaluate risk in fast-moving markets. For over 30 years, our clients have relied on our core product, the Bloomberg Terminal, to access the data and analytics they need to make informed investment decisions.
We design and build Financial Information Exchange (FIX) infrastructure, applications and libraries that support every Bloomberg Trading Systems solution. Our code is high-performance with low-latency and high through-put while providing client security and monitoring.
* Collaborate with Engineering and Business teams to discover their needs for infrastructure software.
* Drive and own highly visible and widely used products, starting with a novel idea and seeing it through to a release.
* Write well-tested, robust, performant code in a cross-platform/distributed environment under a modern SDLC.
* Architect solutions and algorithms that are scalable and robust.
* Resolve problems in production quickly by relying on strong debugging skills, generated metrics and a scientific approach.
**You'll need to have:**
* 3+ years of experience programming in C++/C in a Linux/UNIX environment.
* Strong knowledge of data structures and algorithms.
* Excellent analytical, problem-solving and written/oral communication skills.
* Effective project management skills with some background in Agile
* Multi-thread/multi-process programming; distributed/parallel programming.
**We'd love to see:**
* Familiarity with at least one scripting language (python/perl/bash)
* Proven experience with database design and access using SQL/no-SQL solutions
* Experience with Git, Jenkins, Splunk, Data-Dog
* Knowledge of the FIX Protocol, SSL, encryption
* A detail-oriented engineer, eager to learn and passionate about developing software
Apply to Bloomberg LP (Senior C++ Engineer for Electronic Trading)
The best way to apply is by creating a DreamHire profile. This will ensure that your background and skills are accurate, and you can save your application as a draft and finish it later. It takes a few minutes to set up your profile.