Recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment, Sony Interactive Entertainment (SIE) is responsible for the PlayStation® brand and family of products and services. PlayStation has delivered innovation to the market since the launch of the original PlayStation in Japan in 1994.
If you have a passion for the latest cloud strategies and you thrive in fun yet challenging environments with complex distributed systems, you can be a part of PlayStation's success! Our Cloud Ops team is responsible for the deployment and continuous operation of the PlayStation Network. We plan to take our existing cloud platform to the next level with CI/CD, containers, automated diagnostics/scaling/healing, PaaS, and more.
The role of DevOps Manager/Architect is a blend of architecture, automation, development, application administration and people management. It is a hands-on technical position in a fast-paced atmosphere. The ideal candidate has prior experience managing cloud based n-tier web applications and strives to solve traditional operations problems through automation and software. More so, the candidate must possess a high standard of excellence, have a strong customer focus, and is capable of technical deep-dives into code, database, load balancer, network, operating systems, and storage.
* 8+ years industry experience supporting n-tier web applications, PaaS, or cloud technologies.
* 3+ years of experience leading an operations team following agile development processes.
* 5+ years deploying and operating applications in the cloud: AWS, GCE, Rackspace, etc.; strong experience designing and managing fault tolerant web platforms with high scale & availability.
* Proven experience configuring and performance tuning one or more of the following web servers: Tomcat, Apache, Nginx, etc.
* Proficient in writing scripts using Python or Bash.
* 4+ years of experience with administration of the following databases: MySQL, Cassandra, or other noSQL databases.
* Experience configuring applications in production environments to monitor end-to-end i.e. system metrics, logs and application specific metrics. Proven experience using one of the logging and monitoring tools: Sensu, New Relic, Splunk, ELK stack, DataDog, Nagios.
* Experience using CI/CD tools (Git, Jenkins, Nexus/Artifactory,Chef/Ansible/Salt, etc).
* Strong understanding of DevOps principles; able to participate in 24/7 on-call rotation.
* Ability to design and develop a JavaEE or Python n-tier web application.
* Experience designing and developing REST APIs.
* Ability to understand and work with agile software development engineering practices.
* Understanding of web delivery administration principles – CDNs, certification management, cryptography.
The best way to apply is by creating a DreamHire profile. This will ensure that your background and skills are accurate, and you can save your application as a draft and finish it later. It takes a few minutes to set up your profile.