Attain is a management, technology and strategy consulting firm comprised of innovative problem solvers who deliver tangible results to address today's complex challenges. Attain's transformative business and IT solutions and services deliver market-leading results to our customers in the government, healthcare, education, and non-profit sectors.
As a senior Java developer you will be responsible for development and implementation of applications using existing and emerging technology platforms. Working within an Agile environment, you will actively participate in story planning and daily standups.
* Work as part of a team throughout the software development life cycle.
* Collaborate with designers and analysts to implement enhancements or new applications.
* Develop code to meet user story acceptance criteria.
* Debug, test, and fix errors.
* Conduct design and code review to ensure compliance with standards.
* Estimate level of effort to develop code to meet acceptance criteria.
* Maintain records to document program development and revisions.
* Share best practices and improve processes within and across sprint teams, and mentor more junior developers.
* Designs and codes programs; creates test transactions and runs unit tests.
* Reviews, analyzes, and modifies programming systems, including encoding, testing, debugging and installing for a large-scale system.
* Extensive object-oriented software development and domain design.
**What You Need:**
* 7+ years’ experience in application development using Java/JEE and related technologies (Weblogic, JBoss, Spring Framework)
* 5+ years’ experience developing REST, SOAP, and JSON/XML
* 5+ years’ experience with Oracle RDBMS
* 4+ Experience Maven, JUnit, Selenium, Subversion.
* Working knowledge of Agile/Scrum development
* Working knowledge with CI/CD - Jenkins
* 7 + years of overall experience
**Who We Seek:**
* **Passion Seekers.** You genuinely care about the work that you do and its impact on society.
* **Self-Starters.** You’re a go-getter who isn’t afraid to step up and disrupt the status quo.
* **Entrepreneurs.** You bring fresh ideas to the table, work hard, develop business and consistently seek new challenges.
* **Collaborators.** You’re a great contributor to a high performing team that accomplishes great feats for our clients.
The best way to apply is by creating a DreamHire profile. This will ensure that your background and skills are accurate, and you can save your application as a draft and finish it later. It takes a few minutes to set up your profile.