Aetna is a diversified health care benefits companies, providing individuals, employers, health care professionals, producers, and others with innovative benefits, products, and services. It is serving an estimated 46.7 million people with information and resources to help them make better decisions about their health care.
The Security Operations Center (SOC) Engineer will work with a team that thrives on innovation to identify and respond to the latest security attacks. Responsibilities include working on new technology implementations, performing security monitoring, event analysis, investigation and constructing countermeasures for today's threats. There are also ample opportunities to be involved in new projects with new, innovative technology.
The Security Engineer is responsible for supporting the Security Operations Center (SOC) during normal business hours and in an on-call rotation outside normal business hours.
* The successful candidate will have experience in the review and analysis of intrusion detection systems, security incident event management systems, network traffic and data from solutions such as anti-malware, advanced endpoint detection/prevention, firewalls, internet/email gateways and VPNs.
* Experience in packet analysis to identify anomalies in protocols and payloads as well as a security penchant to stay current with the latest malcode, attack vectors and security trends is also required.
* Participates in incident handling, discovery, triage, containment, recovery, and remediation plan coordination.
* Assists with evaluation and integration of new products and technologies. Provides project support related tasks to integrate security platforms as well as ongoing tuning support for existing technology.
Understanding of network security devices, protocols, routing, and services.
* Experience with analysis of server, network, web and mail security events. Experience using SIEM technologies.
* Familiarity of Information Security Risk Management practices.
* Good written and verbal communication skills required.
* Security certifications such as Security+, CISSP, GSEC, GPEN, etc. are a plus.
* The highest level of education desired for candidates in this position is a Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
Apply to Aetna (Security Operations Center (SOC) Analyst)
The best way to apply is by creating a DreamHire profile. This will ensure that your background and skills are accurate, and you can save your application as a draft and finish it later. It takes a few minutes to set up your profile.