AccountingSuite offers exceptional online accounting software that includes robust inventory management controls. Our mission is to provide easy-to-use, no-nonsense, scalable business software for startups, entrepreneurs, and growing companies to manage their finances and day-to-day operations.
We are a small, but fast-moving company that started in November 2012. Due to our quick growth we are ready to expand our Development team and need a senior software engineer to help us accomplish our goals. We currently have 12 full-time employees in the engineering / testing teams (plus some outsourced and part-time), which is expected to grow.
We are an accounting and operations application and User Experience has paramount importance for our success and to our clients.
* Have a Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field.
* 5+ years of experience in software development.
* Strong knowledge of Node.JS, AngularJS, HTML5/CSS3 and Cloud Technologies (AWS, Azure, Google).
* Have strong knowledge of databases cloud architectures, networking, basic security, Web servers (Apache/IIS).
* Be an expert in architecting REST APIs with JSON responses.
* Construct small micro services with high availability and reliability.
* Familiar working with Agile/XP methodologies.
* Work with Git and continuous integration systems.
* Must thrive in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
* Be good at breaking down large problems into smaller, solvable chunks.
* Be eager to learn new technologies and contribute to projects outside of their core strengths.
* Have excellent communication skills with the ability to explain technical issues to non-technical co-workers.
* Seek out areas for improvement in the codebase as well as our internal processes and help us develop a plan to achieve those improvements.
* Offer constructive feedback during code reviews as well as positively receiving and executing on the feedback offered by others.
* Professional knowledge of accounting theories, practices, methods, techniques and accounting systems.
* Real World Experience in Accounting and an eye for detail from Accounting Perspective.
* Passion for software testing and product quality.
* Enthusiasm for possibilities and collaboration.
* Drive to set new challenges and reach them.
* Willingness to learn new technologies.
Good to have
* Experience working with financial data or services.
* Experience developing with Zapier.
* Optional but helpful
* Experience working with Jira, TestRail.
* Experience working in operations
The best way to apply is by creating a DreamHire profile. This will ensure that your background and skills are accurate, and you can save your application as a draft and finish it later. It takes a few minutes to set up your profile.