2U partners with leading colleges and universities to deliver the world’s best online degree programs. Our Platform, a fusion services and technology, enables schools to attract, enroll, educate, support and graduate students around the world. Our company culture is united by our No Back Row® philosophy; the idea that when we each lean in and do our part, we are better individually and collectively.
The VP, Real Estate Strategy is a strategic partner to senior management representing the company’s broad interests in real estate matters ranging from acquisition, leasing, subleasing, disposition and oversight of construction projects. In addition, this role will oversee the management of the company’s multiple facilities. This person will also advocate for 2U’s fun, thriving and highly collaborative culture through cultivating office space that allows for employee productivity and engagement.
* Strategically identifying real estate that will bring continuity to all 2U office space
* Negotiating leases and contracts
* Working with 2U facilities and property management teams to plan and oversee building work/renovation
* Communicating extensively with 2U stakeholders, e.g. Finance, Legal, HR and functional areas to understand and anticipate needs, changes and growth for staff
* Managing, mentoring and coaching facilities and office management team across all 2U offices
* Maintaining relationships with brokers as necessary
* Traveling to 2U offices to proactively ensure the consistency of office spaces
* Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree, JD and/or CPA preferred
* 12-15 years’ experience directly related to real estate and property management strategic planning for multi-location organizations in a growing company
* Enthusiasm, leadership, and the ability to thrive in a fast paced environment
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Experience successfully managing remote offices with a high level of customer (employee) service and clear, ongoing communication
* Ability to work with effectively with vendors and property managers to achieve results generally and to solve problems quickly and efficiently
* Excellent computer skills (Microsoft Office, inclusive of Word, Excel, PowerPoint)