Lending Club (NYSE: LC) is the world’s largest online marketplace connecting borrowers and investors. Our mission is to transform the banking system to make credit more affordable and investing more rewarding and help people achieve their financial goals. We operate at a lower cost than traditional banks and pass the savings on to borrowers in the form of lower rates and to investors in the form of attractive risk adjusted returns.
Lending Club is looking for a Tax Manager who can be part of our growing tax department, working primarily in information reporting and tax withholding.
* Manage 1099 tax forms process internally - from Form design, development (technology), streamlining, implementation, to delivery and filing
* Continue to improve our 1099 preparation process to be more automated and efficient for developing products
* Manage process with outside providers to ensure 1099 information forms are filed timely and accurately with the IRS
* Identify, research and/or analyze various tax issues
* Continue to improve and maintain an adequate internal control structure and procedures for tax reporting
* Manage and continue to improve the investor experience as well as provide tax support by timely addressing tax related emails, questions and other issues both internally and externally
* Manage federal, state and local tax audits, as needed
* Assist in other tax compliance work including income and indirect tax, as needed
* Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or related field required
* Training Requirements (licenses, programs, or certificates): CPA preferred
* Experience: 5-8 years of experience in public accounting and/or corporate tax department, financial services preferred
* Understanding of tax principles in addition to accounting and business procedures
* Ability to perform tax research and effectively communicate (written and verbal) of tax and compliance issues
**Proficient in utilizing the following:**
* Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint
* Tax Research and Compliance software
The best way to apply is by creating a DreamHire profile. This will ensure that your background and skills are accurate, and you can save your application as a draft and finish it later. It takes a few minutes to set up your profile.