Founded 130 years ago, Wente Vineyards is the country’s oldest, continuously operated family-owned winery.
Catering at Wente Vineyards is seeking a passionate, experienced Pastry Chef to oversee the creation and production of desserts, pastries and wedding cakes. This is a full time position, requiring weekend availability. The Catering Pastry Chef is responsible for all aspects of Catering Pastry Department operations including creating dessert and baked goods menus for special events, as well as wedding cakes This position oversees scheduling, budgeting and staffing for the Catering Pastry Department. With seasonal menus and unique guest requests, the successful candidate must possess creativity and quickly be able to understand and execute the culinary vision for the Catering Pastry Department. The successful candidate must also be a strong leader for the Pastry team, providing motivation, direction and mentoring to staff.
* In collaboration with the Executive Catering Chef, successfully execute event orders and wedding cakes.
* Creation of high volume dessert and pastry menu items, employing creativity and attention to detail.
* Oversee Catering Pastry team, ensuring that execution is accurate and of the highest standards.
* Control and manage food and labor cost.
* Managing employee hiring, scheduling and corrective action, as needed.
* Provide mentorship, training and overall supervision of the pastry team.
* Formal culinary training
* Minimum of 3 years experience as a Pastry Chef, or working in a Pastry Lead role
* Experience working in a high quality, large volume culinary establishment
* Creativity and skill necessary to successfully execute products aligned with the Wente Vineyard’s culinary vision
* Demonstrated ability to successfully train, mentor and lead a team
* Extensive knowledge of industry trends, with the ability to employ creativity and vision to the creation of products.
* Demonstrated professional level experience in wedding cake decorating
The best way to apply is by creating a DreamHire profile. This will ensure that your background and skills are accurate, and you can save your application as a draft and finish it later. It takes a few minutes to set up your profile.