Senior Quality Data Analyst
Job Posting Details
Wallaby Financial helps consumers get the most out of their credit cards by optimizing usage based on individual preferences. Through our products, you can optimize your credit card usage for rewards, credit limit, statement due date, linked bonuses, and other factors. Wallaby is available for your smartphone, your web browser, and your wearable devices.
Wallaby Financial is seeking a Sr. Quality Data Analyst (with a focus on Mobile) to test products across our mobile, web, and internal product suite. We help people get the most out of their money through smart credit card recommendations and are looking for someone to enhance that experience by facilitating the shipping of higher quality products and guiding the organization’s overall testing philosophy.
* The successful candidate for this position will help improve quality performance, process control, and compliance by:
* Designing, implementing, and supporting Product Quality Analysis and Infrastructure Systems to provide metrics and information to identify and resolve complex issues.
* Providing data and metrics solutions to facilitate root cause analysis
* Be able to communicate effectively to all levels
* Use business process mapping to determine methods of measuring product and process effectiveness.
* Evaluate gaps in information collection and goal-centered metrics and reporting to support core business activities.
* Perform data mining and statistical analysis to assess the business impact of products or processes that do not meet required standards and specifications.
* Recommend design or test methods and statistical process controls for achieving required levels of product quality & reliability.
* The candidate will be able to translate the output of business processes and quality-focused goals into requirements, specifications, and reports enabling the successful implementation of metrics-based solutions. This requires system level thinking and good understanding of Quality, Engineering, Operations, and Information Technology processes. The candidate must have the ability to perform requirements-based process mapping, and have knowledge of data mapping and analysis techniques including database and SQL queries and report creation. The ideal candidate will exhibit creativity and resourcefulness, and be a process and metrics domain expert and leader enabling business success.
* Obtain an understanding of our data models and develop test data that will exercise our applications across our product lines.
* Designing and deploying process control measurements. Work proactively with members of an Agile team to find and fix defects using manual and automated test approaches.
* Plan, prepare, and execute testing of our software applications
* Communicate critical issues and status updates in timely manner
* Contributor to system, integration and UI layer test development
* Own tasks from start to finish with minimal direction
* This position is in Pasadena, CA
* 3-5 years of experience performing hardware, software verification & validation
* Strong experience with writing and debugging complex SQL queries
* Experience with large data set creation, back-end testing (MySQL/PostgreSQL), being able to validate information as it flows throughout the system
* Experience in a data science environment (transformation of data via algorithms and/or ETL logic)
* Applied experience in the information systems or data analysis field
* Knowledge of quality processes
* Applied experience developing, integrating, and/or testing hardware and software
* Knowledge of test cases design techniques like boundary, decision tables, and TDD
* Experience with regression testing, functional testing, unit testing, and end-to-end testing
* Working collaboratively with team members in a dynamic environment
* Experience working with Tableau
* Knowledge of business process documentation and applying UML expertise in the area of database relationships
* Experience documenting processes and detailed requirements
* Knowledge of statistics, including graphical representation
* Strong communication and collaboration skills
* Ability to take task assignments with limited direction from start to finish
* Experience with data analysis.
* Experience testing web services
* Experience testing large complex applications
* Excellent problem solving skills
* Passionate about testing
Compensation and Working Conditions
Additional Notes on Compensation
Flexible PTO. Full medical, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance. Bonuses. 401(k) with employer contributions of 3% fully vested immediately. Fully stocked kitchen(with snacks and drinks), foosball, and more.