Deliver Results with Integrity, Be Passionate and Have Fun, and Enhance Lives Every Day: it's the way in which we embrace these values that defines us as a company. Living these values day in and day out drives our exemplary customer service and has led Veterans United to become a leader in the VA Loan industry.
Veterans United is seeking an Application Database Administrator to design production databases and provide support for specific applications, ensuring highest performance and reliability for both our internal and external customers. This position will not be originating loans.
* Identify database performance concerns and resolve by leveraging logging and monitoring tools.
* Address support tickets regarding database environment.
* Collaborate with different units within Technology to help achieve an environment that meets current and future business objectives.
* Work directly with software developers, providing input and education on database best practices for the design, development, data access, testing, and delivery of projects.
* Help tune specific queries, indexes, and stored procedures.
* Create and maintain detailed database models and documentation.
* Work effectively in a collaborative team environment.
* Demonstrate effective listening skills, as well as speaking and presentation skills.
* Sharp analytical abilities, proven design skills, excellent communication skills.
* Manage multiple high-priority projects at the same time, in a fast-paced and dynamic workplace.
* Strong knowledge of data architecture for designing schemas for OLAP and Transactional databases.
* Experience in supporting business critical relational databases on SQL Server or MySQL.
* Proficiency with database performance strategies as well as tuning queries and processes.
* Some development experience with, or exposure to, application development in .NET or PHP.
* At least three years of experience developing complex SQL queries, scripts, and stored procedures.
* Demonstrate a proven ability to learn new concepts, tools, languages and techniques quickly.
* Proficient in basic computer technologies, appropriate for an internet-based company.
Apply to Veterans United Home Loans (Application Database Administrator)
The best way to apply is by creating a DreamHire profile. This will ensure that your background and skills are accurate, and you can save your application as a draft and finish it later. It takes a few minutes to set up your profile.