Thumbtack is a local services marketplace that connects customers who need to get things done with local, skilled professionals who can help. From plumbers and painters to DJs and personal trainers, Thumbtack helps millions of customers find the right professional for their project in over 1,000 categories.
As an Operations Analytics Associate, you'll empower the various operations teams in Thumbtack's Salt Lake City office to use data to guide business decisions. Associates also collaborate with the Analytics, Engineering and Product teams in San Francisco on broader efforts where product and operations overlap, such as launching a new feature or providing data-driven feedback to streamline existing features. You'll be expected to quickly build technical and content expertise about our platform, as well as the touch-points through which the operations teams interact with our pros and customers.
* Partner with Thumbtack Trust & Safety (Marketplace Integrity) to conduct in-depth quantitative analyses that guide strategic decisions
* Make recommendations based on detailed analysis and a deep understanding of our business
* Build and maintain reports, models, and visualizations which provide insight into users experiences and business performance
* Contribute to our team and company data culture through peer collaboration, training, coaching and more
* BA/BS Degree, preferably in Economics, Statistics, Math, or Computer Science
* Proficiency using SQL to query large datasets
* Sharp business judgement and the ability to see past the noise
* Strong communicator with the ability to explain technical results to a non-technical (and data savvy) audience
* 2+ years experience working in quantitative or analytical role, preferably in technology, consulting, or operations
* Experience with other statistics/programming languages (e.g., R, Python)
* Experience in statistics, regression analysis, A/B testing, forecasting
* Experience with BI dashboarding tools (e.g., Tableau, Domo)
Apply to Thumbtack (Operations Analytics Associate)
The best way to apply is by creating a DreamHire profile. This will ensure that your background and skills are accurate, and you can save your application as a draft and finish it later. It takes a few minutes to set up your profile.