Tenable is more than ‘just’ the creator of Nessus. Our security solutions - including the first cloud-based platform, Tenable.io - are transforming global vulnerability management. We’re a global team, powered by creative thinkers who are wired for action, focused on delivering results and collaborating to enable decisive actions to protect what matters most. We’re in this together - colleagues, customers and partner communities working as One Tenable.
Tenable is looking for a developer to join our research team. This position will involve developing Nessus plugins (scripts) for configuration auditing and vulnerability detection. The development will be in Nessus Attack Scripting Language (NASL). Although experience in NASL programming is not required, experience in scripting languages such as Python, Ruby is a must have.
* Develop and enhance Tenable’s Nessus plugins
* Promote great software design and quality
* Manage, participate in, or directly work on any additional projects, assignments, or initiatives as assigned
* Drive innovation by coming up with new ideas for our products and processes
* Work with Tenable’s Support group to identify and troubleshoot issues related to existing plugins and audit files
**What you'll need:**
* Demonstrated experience with regular expressions, shell scripting, and at least one programming language, preferably python
* Experience with git revision control system a must
* Unit and end to end testing experience required
* In depth knowledge of a variety of operating systems (e.g., Microsoft Windows, Mac OS X, Red Hat Enterprise Linux, Cisco IOS) as well as enterprise applications
* Outstanding written and oral communication skills
* B.S. degree in Computer Science or a related field
* Familiarity with Tenable’s product line
* 3-4 years of programming experience
* Experience in Enterprise Compliance/Configuration & Vulnerability Management products
* Experience with scripting languages such as Python, Ruby, Nessus Attack Scripting Language (NASL)
Apply to Tenable Network Security (Software Engineer for Nessus Research)
The best way to apply is by creating a DreamHire profile. This will ensure that your background and skills are accurate, and you can save your application as a draft and finish it later. It takes a few minutes to set up your profile.