T. Rowe Price is an asset management firm focused on delivering global investment management excellence and retirement services that investors can rely on–now, and over the long term.
The Staff Accountant is primarily responsible for the day to day recording and review of financial transactions. The associate will utilize systems to prepare variance analyses, performing account reconciliations and communicate with internal and external business partners.
**Accounting Transactions and Reconciliation**
* Prepares, records, and/or analyzes financial transactions for assigned accounts.
* Performs and/or reviews account reconciliations and analyses to identify issues in transaction processing.
* Researches and proposes resolution for discrepancies.
* Completes work in accordance with financial controls, firm policies, and regulations and demonstrates accountability/ownership for work completed.
**Oversight and Analysis of Complex Accounting Matters**
Provide oversight and analysis of functions outsourced to service providers.
**Client and Operations Support**
* Interaction with other areas of the broader Fund Operations in support of client needs
* Generates ideas and collaborates with others to improve existing processes and communication
* Interacts with associates primarily in operations, investment staff and external customers to research and respond to questions and resolve discrepancies.
* Escalates questions to manager as needed
Supports management on strategic and tactical special projects
* Working toward CPA or CMA
* Experience with mutual funds
* Proficient in Excel and PC skills
* Basic knowledge of accounting principles
* Strong communication skills
* Problem solving skills
* Able to work well independently and as part of a team
* Works well independently and in a team environment. Comfortable in a matrixed environment
* College degree in Accounting/Finance, or
* Associate degree and 3 years related work experience, or
* High school diploma/equivalent and 5 years related work experience
The best way to apply is by creating a DreamHire profile. This will ensure that your background and skills are accurate, and you can save your application as a draft and finish it later. It takes a few minutes to set up your profile.