Synaptics is the pioneer and leader of the human interface revolution, bringing innovative and intuitive user experiences to intelligent devices. Synaptics’ broad portfolio of touch, display, and biometrics products is built on the company’s rich R&D, extensive IP and dependable supply chain capabilities.
The Platform Program Manager is accountable for driving and ensuring the successful execution and delivery of Synaptics Platform and Customer Programs, from concept to production, by working closely with the Division’s Marketing, HW & SW Engineering, Sales and all other key Product Development teams.
* Successful Execution: The Platform Program Manager leads, owns, and drives BPD’s Programs to a successful overall execution and delivery against committed plan and schedule. Ability to lead the team, identify and manage all interdependencies for every deliverable and milestone.
* Marketing Requirements: Supports Product Marketing Managers during MRD phase; taking the MRD to understand business case, product roadmap and GTM Strategy, and taking the MRD through PRD completion.
* Cost Roadmap: Support cost-reduction opportunities with engineering, supply chain, and product development teams.
* Technical Roadmap and Schedule: Works hand-in-hand with Systems Architect and Engineering Teams to define the product requirements, prioritize features, and build a Technical Roadmap. Drives to generate a high level description of the product (PRD), a schedule, and define deliverables that map to customers’ roadmap. Works with Product Marketing Manager to make sure development is aligned with Customer Requirements.
* Buy-In and Support: Owns to ensure buy-in from all stakeholders on the overall program plan, and core team/resources are assigned for support. Able to manage risks and get buy-in from management on key decision points.
* Escalation: Owns communication of program execution dependencies and risks, and escalates to management as needed; surface issues quickly and drive to quick resolution.
* Continuous, Cross-regional, Cross-functional Alignment: Works closely with Marketing and Sales team to ensure successful customer alpha engagements. Must be able to manage cross-regional products have 100% alignment with customer roadmap and expectations. Must be able to drive activities and alignment of functional groups in various regions
* A thorough understanding of program management and strong project management skills.
* Experience with program management of new platform solutions through the development and product life-cycle processes.
* 10+ years’ experience in program management, preferably with Biometrics background, leading complex engineering product development including hardware, software & firmware
* Ability to interact and work with teams which will be geographically dispersed
* ASIC and System level program management experience
* Must have excellent customer service and communication skills (written and verbal)
* Demonstrated success defining and launching products
* BS in electrical engineering
* Must be able to travel 10-15% of the time
* Master at MS Project or equivalent scheduling tool
* Act as a leader within the organization.
* Alignment & partnership across all functions within the Synaptics organization.
* Excellent Team work skills
* Proven ability to influence cross-functional teams without formal authority
* Knowledge of what it takes to execute introduction of a new technology platform from sample stage to Mass Production.
* Customer focus – internal and external customers.
* Strong Business Perspective. Strong technical breadth and depth.
* Maturity. Ability to work well at all levels and with a matrixed organization.
* Self-motivated and driven; demonstrated commitment to take accountability and responsibility for success of large programs.
* Ability to take managed risks.
* Can prioritize and focus; an independent thinker and problem solver.
Apply to Synaptics (Senior Staff Technology Program Manager)
The best way to apply is by creating a DreamHire profile. This will ensure that your background and skills are accurate, and you can save your application as a draft and finish it later. It takes a few minutes to set up your profile.