Six Foot was founded in 2000 as an interactive agency, building digital experiences designed to make connections between people, brands, and technology more human and meaningful.
As a Six Foot Integration Engineer, you'll help us focus on growing a world-class code base and game technology team. Successful candidates will have designed and worked on moderate to large scale code bases for AAA PC and console games.
You will collaborate with the team to own projects from inception to production, from production to live, and are always looking to improve the experience for the team and for players. You will work with outside developers to integrate their work into the Six Foot code base.
You are able to effectively and quickly build relationships and establish trust, respect, competence and confidence.
You’re constantly looking for how to evolve, streamline, and automate wherever possible. You are human, and enjoy working with other humans. You thrive in collaborative team environments.
* Write clear, fast, maintainable code
* Write and maintain technical design documentation and tutorials as needed
* Responsible for branch stability
* Develop branching strategies and best practices
* Support development teams in integration tasks and stabilization
* Write tools to facilitate integration and validating branch integrity
* Participate in regular code reviews and work with other team members to improve the teams engineering skills and general game development skills
* Work to regularly debug, profile, and optimize the code
* Assist the studio in continuously refining and evolving our development standards
* Work with other engineers, to create a collaborative work environment and sharing of technology
* Actively participate in team efforts by making recommendations on improving product quality as well as group productivity
* Great C/C++ and object-oriented programming skills
* Experience with Jenkins and Gradle
* Experience with Perforce and Stream management
* Experience with C# and/or Python is a plus
* Minimum 3 years’ game specific programming experience, having worked on successful AAA PC or console titles
* Unreal Engine experience (UE 4.x preferred)
* Strong debugging and optimization skills
* Windows development experience (Visual Studio, P4)
* Ability to self-critique and accept outside critique, as well as provide meaningful constructive feedback to others
* Experience working with teams in different locations and time-zones
* A passion for interactive entertainment is a must have for our company culture
The best way to apply is by creating a DreamHire profile. This will ensure that your background and skills are accurate, and you can save your application as a draft and finish it later. It takes a few minutes to set up your profile.