Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationally for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides.
Corporate Technology’s research group Architecture and Verification of Intelligent Systems is currently seeking an Intelligent Systems Software Architect for our Princeton, NJ location. Complex software-intensive systems are at the core of Siemens’ business. Siemens trains, power plants, factory automation, building automation, power grid control, medical devices, and others depend on the correct operation of software. Therefore, sustainable software architectures are essential for the success of our businesses. The software architects in our team help Siemens business units world-wide to improve their software architectures, making our products even more reliable, performant, scalable and maintainable. We also help business units translate new business ideas into innovative software solutions and successful products. Our research results influence Siemens products and are reflected in patents and publications in journals and conferences. The Intelligent Systems Software Architect will work at the intersection of software engineering and artificial intelligence and will help Siemens development teams to leverage AI building blocks to develop new products or enhance existing ones.
* Design and implement intelligent systems for Siemens business units.
* Extract architecturally-significant requirements for intelligent systems, and ensure feasibility of these requirements.
* Evaluate solution alternatives that involve neural networks, genetic algorithms, SAT/SMT solvers, constraint solvers, planners, logic deduction engines, Bayesian belief networks, and other technologies.
* Define, articulate and apply architectural principles and patterns when building intelligent systems. Review architectures and work with business units to improve their software architecture.
* Provide technical leadership to the team, collaborators and customers.
* To be aware of state-of-the-art software architecture methods, tools and trends and technologies to build intelligent systems.
* Identify high-impact research topics in intelligent systems architecture.
* Perform research, development and consulting projects collaborating with colleagues, customers and universities.
* Write papers for presentation in journals and conferences.
* Supervise the work of graduate student interns.
* Acquire and lead Siemens-internal research and development projects.
* Minimum of 6 years of experience in software development and software engineering is required. Recent PhD graduates with appropriate graduate research/internship experience will be considered.
* Masters in Computer Science or related field required. Ph.D. preferred.
* Strong theoretic background and practical experience in systematic software engineering.
* Experienced in using neural networks especially deep/ machine learning, genetic algorithms, deduction engines, constraint solvers and similar technologies to solve real application problems.
* Experienced in evaluating and improving the performance and scalability of intelligent systems.
* Ability to generalize key principles and successful methods from one project and apply them to other projects across the company.
* Ability to quickly learn key concepts of unfamiliar domains.
* Ability to work on a problem from the analysis phase to the implementation of a practical solution.
* Familiarity with major programming languages (C/C++, C#, Python, Java) and software development for major platforms (Windows, Linux)
* Strong publication record in peer-reviewed journals and conferences required.
* Strong skills in problem solving, communication, and team work.
* Willingness to travel 20% of the year domestically and internationally.
* Outstanding written and verbal communication skills in English.
* Excellent interpersonal skills and can-do attitude and the ability to work independently and prioritize work.
* Strong collaboration skills and ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
Apply to Siemens (Software Architect for Intelligent Systems)
The best way to apply is by creating a DreamHire profile. This will ensure that your background and skills are accurate, and you can save your application as a draft and finish it later. It takes a few minutes to set up your profile.