Headquartered in San Francisco, RideCell is on a mission to change the way people move from point A to point B. Our intelligent software platform runs new mobility services, such as carsharing, ridesharing, and other innovative transportation offerings. End-to-end integration and automation accelerate time to market, enabling RideCell customers to launch mobility services quickly, operate efficiently, and scale revenues as business grows.
The Senior Android Engineer at RideCell plays a key role in leading the development of our existing app and striving to continually build and develop new offerings. The person is focused on innovation, constantly improving both the technical foundation and the user interface.
* Implementing core libraries to support all RideCell products (car-sharing ride sharing, on demand, dynamic fixed route.)
* Develop new features like communication between vehicle and the app (lock, unlock, navigational information)
* Making sure the apps supports dynamic UI and features to help scale products while supporting client needs
* B.S. or M.S. Computer Science or related experience
* 3+ years of object-oriented software development experience
* 2+ years mobile application development at the user interface and system levels
* Proficient knowledge of the android SDK
* Gradle build system expert & ability to maintain multi flavor project
* Java OOP expert
* Proficiency with Google API's (maps, places, gcm most important)
* Knowledge of RESTful implementation in android and communicating with backend API's
* Proficiency with android lifecycle events in activities and fragments
* At least 1 application deployed in the play store
* Must be willing to work on-site in our San Francisco office
* Knowledge with 3rd party injection libs (android annotations, butterknife, dagger etc...)
* Knowledge of android development patterns, preferably MVP or MVVP
* Knowledge of websockets
* Other languages to know (python, js, cocoa, swift, c++)
The best way to apply is by creating a DreamHire profile. This will ensure that your background and skills are accurate, and you can save your application as a draft and finish it later. It takes a few minutes to set up your profile.